Nov 19, 2013

A Week's Worth

Every day for a week I've thought, "You need to post these pics to the blog"  or "You need to update the blog tonight after the kids go to bed."  Alas, it didn't happen.  So, rather than several smallish posts with a picture or two - here they are from the whole week.  I swear, I don't know how the days fly by so fast.  Will try to do better from here, but there are just no guarantees around here.  So...Without further a-do, here's what we've been doing for the last several days.


       
One day last week Jackson got a sports physical.  The nurse was nice enough to let Grant do everything Jackson did, so he got to be a big boy, too.




















I love to put him in footie pajamas.  Unfortunately, he doesn't share my feelings about them.  I got him these new ones and for a few minutes, he was really excited and would stomp at us and "RAWR".  Didn't last long, though.  He'll keep them on through the night, but first thing in the morning, he's unzipping them and stripping down to his diaper.





Doug went hunting last weekend at his parents' house with his 3 older brothers.  This was his prize.  We also were blessed by two more that his brothers shot and didn't want.  So, I have just spent the entire evening grinding up and packaging all three of them.  Freezer is full of organic, grass fed meat now.  :)











Just pretend their eyes are open.  Aren't they cute? 

While Doug was gone, the kids and I enjoyed some time at home.  Saturday, Dr. Christina McGough was here at the house seeing clients and teaching me a few things.  She is a naturopath, which is a field I am fascinated with, so that was a lot of fun for me.  Saturday evening, we rented movies and hung out watching Monsters University and Duck the Halls.  Sunday was full of church, lunch with friends and the Chiefs-Broncos game with another family.  And, of course, Doug came home with every cooler we own full of deer.

Harrison @ church.  He helped carry in the
Operation Christmas Child boxes.


           



















Sunday was a windy day.  The kids had fun throwing the leaves up and chasing them.  

They were having so much fun!  Wish I'd gotten video.





Didn't take Grant long to figure out that he loves
Grandma Irma's sugar cookies!!



















   

No comments:

Post a Comment