Nov 7, 2013

Here We Go!



New adventures are sometimes fun & exciting, sometimes nerve wracking or a little scary.  Like my first day of kindergarten - I still remember it.  That was scary stuff!  Beginning a blog - not so scary, but still brings a measure of anxiety, even though I really want to do it.  Mostly, I suppose, because I don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't turn out the way I envision it.  I hate when I feel that way and it keeps me from doing something.  So, I'm beginning.  And I'm going to purpose to be happy with whatever comes, whatever it looks like in design, however many posts I write each week, and regardless of whether a thousand people end up reading it or none.

The real purpose for blogging in the first place is for me to start getting the stuff happens in our lives recorded in some fashion.  A place for pictures of my boys - because I've got 10 years worth of them sitting in boxes in my basement with no way for my kids to even see them.  It's crazy that my need for perfection has kept me from tackling a project that would be so much fun for all of us.  The boys LOVE to see their pictures and look through them.  They'd so enjoy looking through albums if I had them.  So, here's to new beginnings.  Starting now - Widhalm life is going to be chronicled here.  And then, regardless of what it looks like, it's going to get printed.  And maybe I'll even do some Throwback Thursdays so that the old pictures from the basement will come come out of hiding.  This one was in the "basement" of my computer files.  It's Harrison getting ready to board a plane for the first time in early September of 2011.  He was about to be 4 and we were heading to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. 

So, here we go!  It should be fun a ride.  There's never a dull moment around here - so you'll never know what to expect from one post to the next.  Posts about the boys, homeschooling, what God is doing in our lives, DIY projects, our road to natural living and healthy eating, and even a new back-to-school experience and career for me.  Sound like fun?  Hope you enjoy this reading about this life as much as I love living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment